The EK-Vardar X3M 120ER is a high-static pressure computer cooling fan with added aesthetical interchangeable rubber dampers. Developed in-house and first introduced in 2014, the EK-Vardar fan is now also available as the X3M 120ER model. The rubber details on the corners of the fan are also there to reduce vibration and noise. These rubber dampers come pre-installed for use in push orientation but can be removed and mounted the other way around, for a pull flow orientation. To further make the sound profile more pleasant, airflow optimizations were made to the rotor as well.
As with the previous Vardar fans, the X3M lineup also packs the Extended Range (ER) of the PWM operation feature and the special Start-Stop function which brings a true 0dB experience for the absolute noiseless environment. The perfectly balanced 7 fan blade design is optimized for high-static pressure operation while maintaining the low noise profile throughout the whole operation range of the fan.
EK-Vardar X3M rubber dampers can be purchased separately in various color options to match your build. The available color options are: red, blue, yellow, orange, green, and purple.
The X3M fans are set to push mode out of the box, but the dampers can be easily detached by using a 3mm Allen key and flipped, thus setting the fan in a pull setup. Supplied with the fan are also four UNC 6-32 10mm long screws which are used to attach the fans to radiators if desired. Additional four thumb nut screws are also delivered which are used to mount the X3M fans into PC cases.
The Vardar family of cooling fans carries the notorious name of a type of the cold northwesterly wind blowing from the mountains down to the valleys of Macedonia. It is a type of ravine wind, enhanced by a channeling effect while blowing down through the Moravia-Vardar gap, bringing cold conditions from the north to the Thessaloniki area of Greece. Most frequent during winter, it is blowing in the rear of a depression when atmospheric pressure over eastern Europe is higher than over the Aegean Sea.
・High-static pressure / low noise profile
Other key characteristics of the EK-Vardar X3M 120ER fans are:
– unlike other general-purpose computer cooling fans, the EK-Vardar X3M 120ER fan is built for high-powered PC systems. The Vardar’s design is also suitable for restrictive cases with dust filters.
・High-quality motor and bearing assembly
– New electrical design, actively cooled motor windings and the Dual-Ball bearing with 50.000 hours of lifespan (MTBF) ensures uninterrupted operation for years to come. Precise Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for fan speed adjustment allows performance on demand.
– The Vardar X3M 120ER has a 0db mode where the fan turns off when the PWM curve is set below 25%.
- Interchangeable rubber dampers in multiple color options to boost aesthetics and to reduce vibration transfer.
EK Vardar X3M 120ER Wins Igor’s Lab’s “Recommended Buy” Award
EK Vardar X3M 120ER Wins Igor’s Lab’s “Recommended Buy” Award. They speak highly of this fan and point out numerous benefits, like delivering significantly more throughput at the top end of the rev range and outstanding performance at lower speeds. “The fan not only keeps what the manufacturer promises,” writes the reviewer, “but also delivers more than decent overall and compared to the reference.”
Enclosed in the package:
- EK-Vardar X3M 120ER - Black
- UNC 6-32 (l=10mm) screw set for radiators with optional nuts for case mounting
- Allen Key 3mm
- Max air flow: 67 CFM = 114 m³/h
- Static pressure: 2.75 mm H2O = 27 Pa
- Noise level: 34.2 dBA
Mechanical and electrical specifications:
- Maximum speed: 2200 rpm (+/- 10%)
- Rated Voltage: 12V DC
- Power Draw: ~2.16W (0.18A)
- PWM Duty Cycle: 25-100% - ER (Extended Range)
- Connector: 4-pin PWM header
- Bearing Type: Dual-Ball bearing
- Bearing durability: 50.000 hrs @ 40°C (MTBF)
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 27.5 mm
- Black cable length: 50cm
Designed and engineered by EK Water Blocks in Slovenia - Europe
Made in China
・This product is not compatible with EK-UNI pump bracket products due to asymmetrical rubber corners.